This August 6th is National Fresh Breath Day! Celebrate by showing off your pearly whites. Keeping your mouth clean and oral hygiene up to date is crucial to having fresh smelling breath. No one wants to be known for having bad breath!
We have listed multiple ways that will guarantee your breath smelling minty clean.
How To Keep Your Breath Fresh
- Brush and Floss: One of the most important things to do every day is brush your teeth. Using a manual toothbrush or even better an electric toothbrush, two times a day will keep your breath fresh. It is recommended to floss every night because your toothbrush cannot reach hard spots in between your teeth. Make sure to add brushing and flossing to your everyday routine.
- Booking Dentist Appointments: Seeing your dental care team is essential to making sure everything is perfect in your mouth. Getting a professional deep cleaning removes more buildup than normal, at-home care does.
- Replace your Toothbrush: Replacing your toothbrush every 3-4 months can prevent bacteria from growing on it. Your bristles will also start to break down making it ineffective to get plaque off your teeth. So head over to your local store and pick out your brand new toothbrush!
- Chew Gum: If you catch yourself with bad breath and brushing your teeth is not possible at the moment, don’t stress. Get yourself some gum! Even breath mints are handy to keep in your purse or wallet when going out. Just be sure to select sugar-free gum to maintain healthy teeth!
- Clean Your Tongue: Most causes of bad breath is your tongue. If you look in the mirror and see a layer of white over it you might need to invest in a tongue scraper. They are inexpensive and easy to use. Scraping off all that extra bacteria and plaque will extinguish your bad breath overall.
- Drink Lots of Water: Drinking lots of water will help address your smelly breath. It could also stop acid reflux from happening by keeping your mouth filled with saliva and keep things running smoothly. Saliva helps to stop bacteria from growing. This is both great for your body and mouth.
- Stop Smoking: Overall, smoking is just as bad for your body as it is for your teeth. Smoking causes a nasty sour smell that gets trapped in your mouth and lungs. Cigarettes cause a dry mouth and increase the chance of bad breath.
Use these simple tasks to make sure you can avoid bad breath at all costs. Make it a daily routine to check to see if your breath is fresh. Maintaining a fresh breath is easy and worth it.
Ready to book your dental cleaning and exam? Book with our Long Beach dental care team by calling 562-434-6414 or by heading here to request an appointment.